To Winter Tire or Not To Winter Tire?
As fall comes to an end, car owners and frequent drivers find themselves dreading the thought of winter driving being just around the corner. On the season’s eve of snow, slush, black ice and the cold weather, car owners are faced with the costly, but potentially lifesaving decision of installing their winter tires. Although the decision should be as easy as it sounds, some have hesitated from acting out the logical choice.
Benefits of purchasing Winter Tires
– technological advancements allow winter tires to stop 40-50% shorter in winter weather than average tires
– they provide substantially increased control on black ice
– the unique tread pattern provides unparalleled traction on snow, while channeling water and expelling snow from tires surface
– People have developed the belief that All-Season tires fair just as well in the harsh weather of Winter as winter tires. And they are wrong. Winter tires remain soft in cold weather, allowing them to conform the roads surface and optimizing control while All-Season tires harden in cold weather and reduce the traction to the road.
– People have also developed the belief that they only need snow tires when it snowing. And they are wrong. Again. Weather under 7 degrees Celsius causes tires to harden, minimizing its traction to the road.
Winter Tires and Auto Insurance
– Insurance providers have begun to offer policy savings of up to 5% with the purchase and installation of winter tires. Although these savings are not astronomical, over time it will help cover the costs of winter tires.
– Driving without winter tires will increase the chance of having a car crash, which will increase the chances of having to pay a much larger yearly insurance premium.
Do you want to continue your driving in the cool, calm and controlled state your used to? Or expose yourself to the possibility of becoming involved in a fiery disastrous car wreck?
The time to purchase and install your winter tires is now!
Let your insurer know, better to have the savings in your pocket!