New Drivers & Insurance
What you need to know before you get behind the wheel
- All G1 drivers must maintain a zero blood alcohol level while driving
- You must be accompanied by a fully licensed driver with at least four years driving experience and a blood alcohol of less than .05%, if the accompanying driver is 21 or under the blood alcohol level must be zero.
- You must refrain from driving on Ontario’s 400 series highways, or any other high speed expressways
- No driving between midnight and 5am
- you may drive without an accompanying driver on all Ontario roads
- For the first 6 months G2 drivers 19 or under can carry only one passenger aged 19 or under
- After the first 6 months, and until you earn your full G license or turn 20 you can carry up to 3 passengers aged 19 or under. This restriction does not apply if you are accompanied by a full G licensed driver (with at least 4 years driving experience) or if the passengers are immediate family members.